Delta Capital Partners Management, a Chicago-based global private equity firm specializing in litigation and legal finance, seeks to hire a Finance & Business Analyst to join its team in its Chicago headquarters. The position will report directly to the CEO and COO. The firm provides capital and related services to individuals, businesses, private investment funds, law firms and other professional service firms across the world that seek to hedge their financial exposure, reduce legal spending, enhance the probability of a successful and timely resolution of claims, and maximize the effectiveness of their core businesses.
- Work with management to develop or enhance global, regional, and country-specific strategic plans.
- Build sophisticated economic and financial models for the firm, its portfolios, investments, products and services, offices, and worldwide operations.
- Assist in the analysis and development of new product and service offerings.
- Perform analytical evaluations of competitors, industries, and markets worldwide.
- Track and analyze industry developments, offerings, opportunities, and threats.
- Conduct market and industry research in legal services, litigation finance, private equity, investments, and related industries.
- Utilize analytics techniques to gather and analyze data affecting the business (social media, web analytics, rankings, etc.).
- Create sophisticated, customized presentations tailored to specific audiences, products, and regions.
- Maintain and enhance various databases, including those involving, competitors, investors, and clients.
- Provide finance, business, and/or operations support to senior management.
- Prepare reports and analyses concerning capital deployment, investment performance, and product and service offerings.
- Model new initiatives and product offerings to support management and deal origination teams, which involve equity and credit strategies, including decision tree analysis, prospective investment modeling, hypothetical portfolio allocations, carried interest calculations, and fund performance projections.
- Work with senior management, employees, consultants, and service providers in connection with the foregoing.
- Must have already earned (or within the next 5 months will earn) a BS/BA in Finance, Economics, or other Business Discipline from a top college or university with high GPA.
- Preference for candidates who have already earned (or within the next 18 months will earn) an MBA or appropriate MS/MA from top school.
- Preference for candidates with relevant experience in private equity, investments, strategic planning, and financial analysis.
- Preference for candidates with relevant experience at a professional service firm, financial institution, or investment fund.
- Preference for candidates with a CFA.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- High level of initiative, positive attitude, energy, and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to respond effectively and with urgency to questions, sensitive issues, and information requests.
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work independently but, also must be able to work collaboratively and in small teams.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a small office environment, which includes the willingness to take on a broad range of tasks.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Expensify, Salesforce, and statistics & modeling software.
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Profit plan/carry plan participation upon eligibility.
- Flexible remote working policy.