Delta Capital Partners Management, a Chicago-based global private equity firm specializing exclusively in the provision of litigation and legal finance, seeks to hire experienced litigators, transactional attorneys, or proven professionals who have sold high-value financial or legal products and services (collectively, “Originators”) to assist in the sourcing of litigation finance investment opportunities. This individual will report to Delta’s Global Head of Originations, and will call upon law firms, accounting firms, financial service firms, and Fortune 1000 companies. Depending on their assigned territory (“Territory”), Originators may elect to work entirely remotely or out of one of Delta’s offices.
Delta is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and whether they have a disability.
- Identifying and sourcing appropriate investment opportunities for Delta’s various funds and investment vehicles, focusing on sourcing from firms and companies within the Territory.
- With management’s assistance, develop a marketing plan that will detail monthly and annual sales targets, as well as the means by which the Originator intends to meet such targets (e.g., in-person meetings, conferences, calls, emails, affiliate marketing, co-marketing, etc.) and related marketing budget.
- Regularly schedule meetings with potential clients to develop relationships and initiate origination conversations.
- Assist the Global Director of Originations with the ongoing growth and development of Delta’s marketing and business development activities within the Territory, including by preparing strategic development, marketing, and business development plans, and working closely with the Company’s marketing team toward achievement of the foregoing.
- Hosting and/or participating and/or contributing in/to podcasts, webinars, seminars, conferences, workshops, blogs, advertising, articles, and other traditional, digital and/or social media programs to promote the brand, products, and services of Delta within the Territory as well as globally.
- Depending on the Territory and residence of the Originator, frequent travel may be necessary in connection with the performance of the foregoing duties.
- Input and manage origination and marketing data into Delta’s various databases, CRM platform, and analytics programs.
- Collaborate with marketing and support personnel in connection with the foregoing.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with law firms, in-house legal departments, and other professional service firms.
- Requires at least 3 years of relevant experience at a top-tier firm.
- Active Bar membership required if Originator is an attorney.
- The ideal candidate will have meaningful familiarity/experience/understanding of the U.S. commercial litigation, legal, finance, and/or investment markets. Familiarity with commercial litigation finance is a significant plus.
- Ability to understand and sell complex legal and financial matters to sophisticated clients is required.
- Requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written), negotiating acumen, maturity, and professionalism.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to consistently prioritize, coordinate and satisfy numerous competing demands and successfully achieve deadline-driven results is required.
- A solid team player with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate and deal effectively with others, including senior management, peers, support staff, and clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required; experience with Salesforce (or analogous CRM systems) is preferred.
Highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, plus commission plan, discretionary annual bonus, and employee benefit package.