May 28, 2021, Chicago, IL –
Delta Capital Partners Management, a Chicago-based global private equity firm specializing in litigation and legal finance is seeking experienced litigators for the position of Manager in the firm’s litigation underwriting department. The position will report directly to Delta’s Managing Director of Underwriting and be based in the firm’s Chicago headquarters. Delta provides capital and related services to individuals, businesses, private investment funds, law firms and other professional service firms across the world that seek to hedge their financial exposure, reduce legal spending, enhance the probability of a successful and timely resolution of claims, and maximize the effectiveness of their core businesses.
- Conduct, coordinate and manage highly sophisticated due diligence analysis and evaluation of litigation claims.
- Assist the Managing Director with reporting, monitoring, and successfully monetizing funded investments in the portfolio.
- Oversee external law firms, investigators and other professionals assisting with investment diligence.
- Assist in the management and tracking of Delta’s investment pipeline.
- Input and manage Delta’s proprietary litigation finance data and underwriting metrics.
- Collaborate with attorneys and other professionals working on Delta’s funded investments.
- Assist the firms’ marketing department in developing informational and business development content related to litigation finance.
- Work with the firm’s originations group to cultivate and strengthen relationships with law firms and in-house legal departments.
- BS/BA from a top university with high GPA.
- JD from a top law school with high GPA.
- Active bar membership.
- At least three years of legal experience as a litigation attorney at a top US law firm (Am Law 200 or boutique), including substantial briefing, deposition and expert discovery, and oral argument/trial work.
- Experience with international litigation, arbitration, judgment enforcement, and/or plaintiff-side litigation preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- High level of initiative, positive attitude, energy, and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to respond effectively and with urgency to questions, sensitive issues, and information requests.
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently but, also must be able to work collaboratively and in small teams.
- High level of integrity that supports the firm’s brand reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Flexible and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial office environment, which includes the willingness to take on a broad range of tasks.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM platforms preferred.
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Discretionary annual performance bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Profit plan/carry plan participation upon eligibility.
- Flexible remote working policy.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com